Thought

“One sees the sun slowly set, yet one is surprised when it suddenly becomes dark.” Franz Kafka

Wednesday, 13 February 2013

And the winner is...


At last the great mystery of Shergar can be revealed... he became Findus 'beef' lasagne.

I don't know what the problem is with eating horse meat, as long as it's not pumped full of 'butyl or whatever the fuck it's called. I appreciate that those in the horsey world including Charlie boy and his mare might baulk at the first fence  idea but for the ovine masses it's not like cannibalism, is it?

As the problem arises from the EU box ticking exercise as it pertains to food rather than from actual inspections we, or rather the EU, have only themselves to blame.

By far the funnier revelation of this particular episode is the fact that pork has been included in halal meat. How many moslems have been enjoying that particular dish one wonders? Does this mean that they will never get to sit at Allah's right hand, being unclean an' all? One can only hope.

As a dog owner I could never countenance eating my pets but I know there are plenty around the world that cannot fathom the depths of depravity that keeps a four legged, walking meat fest for no other reason than sentiment.

As I've always bought meat from the local butcher, who sources it from known stock I'm reasonably sure that I've never partaken of a Derby winner but who knows, ultimately?

No comments:

Post a Comment